It’s officially, 70% of people HATE their jobs and there is a good chance that if you are reading this you may fit into this category as well. A Gallup poll done in 2011 indicated that a shocking 70% of folks…or is this so shocking. Let’s look at the “state” of the job environment these days.
Here are 5 things that are truly forcing us to resent our jobs and often times our employers.
- We are working longer hours than ever. Lots of us are working one or two jobs and working 50+ hours per week just to get by. Our lives have become more expensive and it is seems as though we need to work more and more just to “sustain”.
- Most of us are doing trivial work with very little self gratification. Our jobs are becoming “McJobs”…meaning that they are typically in the service industry as many of the more technical jobs start getting shipped overseas where wages are much lower and they are willing to work 6 days per week for a fraction of the cost.
- Our employers don’t reward us for our hard work. You work your butt off and it comes around to “bonus” time and you get either nothing or a gift card. What ever happened to big bonuses and annual increases in your salary?
- Our wages seem to be going down, not up. Yes, the median income continues to drop as our daily lives become more expensive. Most people need dual incomes to live these days and if you have kids, you are likely feeling the pinch of the decrease in wages and opportunity in the work place.
- What the hell happened to job security? People all over the place are losing jobs they have held for 20, 30, and 40 years…and without warning. This leaves people in a predicament with few skills that are valuable for the new world job marketplace and are often times forced to go back to school to get an education and the age of 45+. There is no longer any security with ANY job.
Add this all up and what do you get, JOB HATRED en masse.
And this leads me to the elusive question…
So What Can YOU Do?
To be honest, there is a way out. The Internet is becoming more and more that way out for folks that want to truly get compensated for their hard work. In fact, if you work as hard as you are during your existing job, you can be much more successful within the online world. And there is good reason for this:
- Building an online presence has never been so easy (I can get you a website in the next 5 minutes)
- There has never been so many people online
- People are spending more money than ever in the online world
- There is no longer ANY barriers to create your veryown business online
So the bad news is, your are likely unhappy with your currently unemployment (as are 70% of folks). The good news is, there is a WAY OUT of this day to day grind through the Internet, no experience necessary.
Have you reached your tipping point with your current employment and want to move on to bigger and better things?
If so, I am sorry to hear about that. Feel free to VENT about your horrible employer below (in the comment area), I know that I can personally help you out because I have been there, done that!
And lastly, I wanted to mention one thing in regards to your personal success. It may not be as complex as you think it is to start something on your own (yes, your very own business).
All you need to get rolling is a computer, the Internet, and a passion to succeed. If you have this, then you should go forward and get your OWN niche, profit ready website up and running within the BEST place to learn about earning money online, Wealthy Affiliate ($0 to get started, full getting started training and full website included).